Custody and Child/Spousal Support

Our Process/How it Works? (In Person or Online):

  • Custody and Child/Spousal Support – $499 to $699 (Details Below)
    1. Contact us to discuss your matter
    2. Complete a questionnaire
    3. Documents prepared (same or next day available)
    4. Documents delivered to you personally or via email
    5. NOTE: Plus applicable file and court fees (or fee waiver)

To get started, call or email us us today. We will schedule you in one of our four Central Coast offices today or begin your service online.

  • (805) 237-7770 – Paso Robles (720 10th Street – Map)
  • (805) 481-5551 – Arroyo Grande (1800 East Grand Ave., #E – Map)
  • (805) 928-8222 – Santa Maria (221 Town Center West – Map)
  • (661) 748-1112 – Bakersfield (1701 Westwind Dr., Suite 109)
  • (805) 221-7300 – San Luis Obispo (By Appointment – 3594 Broad Street, Suite 100 (REAR UNIT) – Map)

Custody and Child/Spousal Support

After a judge makes a custody and visitation order, 1 or both parents may want to change the order. There are many good reasons why a parenting plan may need to be changed. As the children get older, for example, their needs, interests, and activities change. And as each of the parents moves on with his or her separate life, new partners, new jobs, or new homes can all mean that the parenting plan needs to be changed.

Asking for a change of the custody and visitation order

  • You have to show that there has been a “change in circumstances” since the final custody order was made. This means that there has been a significant change that requires a new custody and visitation arrangement for the best interest of the children.
  • The reason there has to be a significant change is that it is best for children to have stable and consistent custody arrangements with their parents. Final custody orders should only be changed if it would be best for the children.
  • Ask your mediator at Family Court Services to make sure you do not have to go to mediation before you file any papers.

To ask for a court hearing to change your existing custody and visitation order:

  1. Fill out your court forms
  2. Have your forms reviewed
  3. Make at least 2 copies of all your forms
  4. File forms with the Court Clerk
  5. Get your court date and/or mediation date
  6. Serve your papers on the other parent/party
  7. File your proof of service
  8. Go to your mediation and court hearing

No Attorney/lawyers. Low Cost.  Cities/areas served: Paso Robles, Atascadero, Templeton, San Luis Obispo, Pismo Beach, Grover Beach, Morro Bay, Los Osos, Cambria, San Miguel, Santa Maria, Orcutt, Santa Barbara, Lompoc, Arroyo Grande, Shell Beach and Guadalupe.  Plus Bakersfield, Fresno, Monterey and Visalia.